I’m convinced our Echo Show fancies herself to be a chef; she’s always suggesting that we ask her about recipes. So when “Alexa” suggested that I ask her about the “quarantine coffee trend,” this coffee-loving momma couldn’t resist.
You may have heard about dalgona coffee by now. It started as a trend on Tik Tok, but it quickly made its way to internet fame. My husband is home this week, so we decided to give this “quarantine coffee trend” a try for ourselves. This creamy whipped coffee drink has quickly turned into our morning coffee habit. Here’s how we did it.
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. instant coffee
1 tbsp. warm water
1 cup milk – I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk, but any kind of milk will work.
- Add sugar, instant coffee, and water to a clean bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together until the mixture is a thick, foamy consistency. This is much easier if you use an electric hand mixer, but with some patience, an old-fashioned whisk will do.
- Pour milk into a glass, and dollop the whipped coffee mixture on top.
- (Optional) You can stir the mixture into the milk for a more consistent sweet coffee flavor throughout.
This is such a fun, easy treat! If you would like a larger serving, you can easily double the recipe (this is what I did for my husband). Let me know what you think! Connect with me on Instagram at @michelleelaineburton. I would love to see your photos of your own experience making dalgona coffee!
This is going to be a fun post. I never imagined a future blog being about anything but biblical insights, but I’m learning that even the little pleasures in life are blessings from God. And I think we could all use a little joy in our lives right now.
As a preface, I’m not much of a cook. In fact, my husband does most of the cooking because he’s good at it at and he enjoys it. Think what you would like of my stay-at-home-mom skills, but it works for us.
However, I love making fun hot drinks. Bonus points if it involves coffee (the empty latte cup sitting beside me can attest to that). I don’t quite understand people who don’t enjoy coffee, but I think everyone can agree on the merits of one delicacy: chocolate.
I hope some Easter chocolate has found its way into your home by now. (Can we all just take a moment and thank the Lord for Walmart grocery pickup?) This week, some Cadbury Creme Eggs and Cotton Candy Peeps miraculously found their way into our grocery order. With some extra time on my hands yesterday, I got a little creative. The result was too good not to share.
Easter Hot Chocolate
1 cup of milk – I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk, but you can use whatever milk you prefer
One Cadbury Creme Egg
One Peeps Marshmallow Chick
- Either on the stovetop or in the microwave, warm milk until it is bubbling.
- Place Cadbury Creme Egg in a mug and pour half of the warm milk over the egg. Use a spoon to stir until the egg has melted.
- Stir the remaining milk into the mug.
- Top with a small amount of whipped cream.
- Place Peep on top
I hope you enjoy this fun treat as much as we did! I would love to hear what you think! You can connect with me on Instagram here: